Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Preparation

Wow! Where did June go? I think I must be too busy if I can't even remember what I did last week. Sometimes I just need to sit back and reflect, relax, refresh, and be renewed. Like last night, I wanted to go to see my awesome nieces but knew that I had a dozen things I should be doing, primarily taking time to "be" with my Father. Over the last month I have been working at finalizing my spiritual growth plan. Taking time to "be" with God is one of my main focuses. Actually doing that is a different story.

This past month has been full of spending time with family and friends. I have spent my saturdays keeping the grass and weeds trimmed around home for the 3 or so large gatherings over the past month. Lets see we had a graduation party for Ang (my sister), an extended Hoover family reunion (80 people 2/3 of whole family), several evening cookouts with friends, and an appreciation picnic for my dad's intercessors. It has been a busy month at the Hoover Homestead.

This month has again been a time of growth for my group of friends. We have gone through some interesting/tough things together and all seem to be in situations requiring us to Trust Him. It is great to be able to encourage and hold each other up in these areas. This month we have started to pray and worship together as friends to glorify God and intercede for specific needs. This has been a time of bonding as well. Thanks to Luke we had the opportunity to serve both at the Water Street Rescue Mission one evening and at the Millersville International House. Hopefully we won't let ourselves get too busy to serve in these ways over the next month. Father help us to surrender our lives to you to be used for your service.



I have continued to kayak about once a week. On father's day my sister, cousin, and I took my dad canoing and kayaking on the Conestoga River. That was a great time. I have gone to the Susquehanna River several times after work. If I drive 10-15 minutes I can access the river at several places. This is really nice as I can relax and take some personal time after a long day at work.

At work I have received some additional training in Dairy nutrition and in Pork Quality Assurance. I am a certified Trainer for the PQA program and last Monday was the first training meeting I was in charge of. A stretching time but that is good. I will have to do on-farm assessments of the management practices for each of the farms certified now. Time away from the office. Nice. I am waiting to receive more responsibility in the nutrition area. I am not sure what is happening there. I almost feel like it is a hassle for them to be training me and don't want to take the time necessary.

Over the last several weeks I have become restless at work and don't feel satisfied. I just told one of my friends earlier this week that I feel like I am on a plateau. I can't see far in the future and soon want to see what to hope for. My place at work, living at home, and in relationships are all areas that I am trusting God in and I strongly desire to see the top of the mountain. I am trying to view this as a time of preparation for greater things but it is hard to maintain that focus. I want to be faithful with where God has me now and get myself ready for what is next. Patience is one thing I am struggling with in several areas of my life. My desire is to be used by Him to minister to others. Right now I am having a hard time doing that in my present position. Please pray that I can view my position as a place of service to others and that as I serve them cheerfully God will be glorified.

Below is a verse that just came to me last night. I can't say I am in the deepest part of the valley but feel like there is a lot of uphill to go yet. I want to be molded, shaped, pruned, fired, and purified through this. Thank you Father for all you have given me. You are Faithful.

"Listen! It's the voice of someone shouting,
'Clear the way through the wilderness
for the LORD!
Make a straight highway through the wasteland
for our God!
Fill in the valleys,
and level the mountains and hills.
Straighten the curves,
and smooth out the rough places.' "
Isaiah 40:3-4 NLT

No comments: