It started as a simple idea then developed into reality as we finalized the last minute details for our day trip to Bradlee Beach in New Jersey. What a great day!

Five of us met at my place and we all packed into the van by 7:30 on our mid-week day off. We stopped by Luke's place just north of Philadelphia. We first toured his place (he just signed the papers one week ago) and then piled back into the van for the final leg of our trip. We stopped by a Diner for a casual breakfast and then went to the Brennan's (Christina's friend's) place right on the beach front. Our goal for the day was to learn/experience surfing. However, after turning purple from being in the 67 degree water for only 20 minutes we decided that the waves were too small and water too cold to try it. It was fun nonetheless. The 20 mph wind cut right through our wet clothing. After the short time on the beach we went for a walk on the board-walk and a small beach town. This beach is really nice. It is an alcohol-free beach and is oriented towards families.
Since it was windy I wanted to try out the kite. Jenny and I flew it for a little while. Now this is not an ordinary kite. This kite flies at 400 feet and on a windy day could nearly pull a child off the ground. It is a 6 foot long box kite.
The evening events were quite interesting. I was not aware that we were going to be a part of a large party but the Brennan's blessed us with a lot of food and fellowship. It was really interesting how several of us in the group made connections with people. I think God really had a hand in the events of the day and who we connected with. I met two people I haven't seen in a really long time and was blessed to be able to talk with them about how God is moving and working in their lives. God is so amazing!!! The evening came to a close with impressive fireworks over the ocean while the rain peacefully fell on the sand. I can hardly wait to return.
Five of us met at my place and we all packed into the van by 7:30 on our mid-week day off. We stopped by Luke's place just north of Philadelphia. We first toured his place (he just signed the papers one week ago) and then piled back into the van for the final leg of our trip. We stopped by a Diner for a casual breakfast and then went to the Brennan's (Christina's friend's) place right on the beach front. Our goal for the day was to learn/experience surfing. However, after turning purple from being in the 67 degree water for only 20 minutes we decided that the waves were too small and water too cold to try it. It was fun nonetheless. The 20 mph wind cut right through our wet clothing. After the short time on the beach we went for a walk on the board-walk and a small beach town. This beach is really nice. It is an alcohol-free beach and is oriented towards families.
Since it was windy I wanted to try out the kite. Jenny and I flew it for a little while. Now this is not an ordinary kite. This kite flies at 400 feet and on a windy day could nearly pull a child off the ground. It is a 6 foot long box kite.
The evening events were quite interesting. I was not aware that we were going to be a part of a large party but the Brennan's blessed us with a lot of food and fellowship. It was really interesting how several of us in the group made connections with people. I think God really had a hand in the events of the day and who we connected with. I met two people I haven't seen in a really long time and was blessed to be able to talk with them about how God is moving and working in their lives. God is so amazing!!! The evening came to a close with impressive fireworks over the ocean while the rain peacefully fell on the sand. I can hardly wait to return.
No comments:
Post a Comment