Right now God has me in a good place. A place of transition, growth, and purification. Sometimes it is difficult, but I thank him for his provision. He has blessed me with a good job, loving family, friends, an education, and many other things. I am feeling the need to be more independent and am looking to either purchase a home or find a place to rent. When looking at the benefits of purchasing a home versus renting I easily move toward buying. However, as I young single man I do not want that to tie me down if God desires me to be more mobile for his service. Right now I have no financial obligations and would be open to the Lord's lead in my life. What makes the decision on the house more complex is the fact that my vehicle is in need of major work thus cutting into my ability to make a down payment on a house. If I were to purchase another vehicle my desire/dream to own a home would be postponed for probably a year. I ask that you keep me in prayer for these issues and that I would be open to hearing the voice of the Lord.
In the Discovery class my passions assessment indicated that some of my greatest passions are worshiping Him and using my craftsmanship gifts to help those in need. After seeing that God has given me these passions I have been looking to see how I can use these more. I desire to get involved with Lancaster Habitat for Humanity in building homes for people who can't afford them. I have also been pondering other possibilities which may even include employment at a humanitarian/service organization.
Over the last few weeks I have been in State College several times, first for my good friend Justin's baptism, and again for a wedding. It was great to be back in town to see friends and hear how God is working in their lives as well. I remember what it felt like to be finishing up school. A bit frightening to be honest. However, God is good and I hope to carry some of those relationships with me.
God has spoken to me in several verses recently. My friends here have been growing closer and the verse in Romans 1:12 sums it all up: "That is, that we may be mutually strengthened and encouraged and comforted by each other's faith, both yours and mine." (Amplified) The verse in 2 Peter 1:5-9 has also inspired me to develop Christ-like character:
"So don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others. With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus. Without these qualities you can't see what's right before you, oblivious that your old sinful life has been wiped off the books."
Recently I have become aware of the beauty of the sky as the sun rises and sets. God is so amazing and creative. Take time today to watch the sunset.
2 comments:
Whoohoo! This is wonderful. You have written in a way that I can kind of get a sense for where you're at in your head/heart/spirit. Very good. I will pray for you, Nate. May God give you wisdom, knowledge, and power according to His grace.
Nate,
Great to hear from you! I'd love to connect with you sometime. Send me an email (chrishorst7@yahoo.com) or call my cell (371-9287) if you have time.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Chris
Post a Comment